Thursday, January 24, 2008

the cool "grips" bag





Well I wanted to share with all of you out there on the big wide world of cyberspace....I made this little bag for our daughter's gymnastic grips (they use them on uneven bars). She got so many compliments on it. I am thinking about selling them for 10.00 but making them bigger I was thinking about 10"x 9" or 12"x 11". Right now it holds 1 pair of grips and grip bands...but as she gets older she will need to carry 2 pair all the time in case one pair rips in competion. We have a pair in spare right now...but I was testing the bag out first--so that is why it turned out small about 8" x 7"...but I really need to make them bigger. I love to create things--and really enjoy sewing. My grandmother taught me to sew when I was about 8 or 9 years old....but I can't seem to remember what my first sewing project was...hmmm I must be getting that Momma Brain! hahahaha

Sooooo.....

If any of you would like a gripper bag for your daughter I can make them for 10.00 plus shipping. I can use any material and they are lined with sewn in corners to have nice finish tailored look. Plus that fact that they are washable too!! Which is very nice because the inside will get all chalky from the grips over time. Like I said--Hannah loves it. However if your daughter is not into gymnastics--they make great bags to use for on the go trips--snacks, toys, makeup etc...the ideas are endless. I am making another one for our other daughter S.J.--and she plans on using it to take all her Puppie in my Pockets to her brother's soccer games and sister's gymnastic meets. (she is only 5 years old and needs to have some entertainment). Well I hope that you enjoy the pics & Happy sewing to all of you out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Donna; Thank you very much for your encouraging comment!

The bag is soo cute! I remember when I was little, my mom loved recycling some old clothes and making something really cute out of it. She still does it sometimes. I haven't seen her for a long time, but I can visualize her sewing in front of tv, watching one of her morning shows :) Awww... so nostalgic!

I am sure lots of parents will love to buy the bag for their sweety girls :)

DB

Unknown said...

Hi Donna!

I just found your blog through a comment you posted on Nancy's blog. Your blog looks great and I can't believe your little girl is 8 already!

I love the bag you made and I like the detail of the beads on the cord. Really cute!

Take care,
Heather

Donna said...

Thanks Heather...I really enjoyed your blog too...going to link yours to mine so others can check it out.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online