Sunday, August 2, 2009

God's beauty is in full bloom


I was busy yesterday taking pictures in our yard. The flowers are so colorful with rich hues--I just had to smile. I hope that all of you stop to smell the flowers-for God has created them for us to enjoy. Summer is quickly passing us by and soon the children will be back at school...hmmm...will I miss them or do a "yeah me"? I love the summertime for it is a time to kick back. We have been relaxing on our back porch with family and friends. We love to eat outside--especially when it is raining. The sound of rain makes you be mellow. We even ate outside during a thunderstorm which is pretty cool! What a canvas the Lord has created when it comes to summer--flowers in all colors, bugs, birds. Well I hope that everyone is getting out and about this summer whether digging in the dirt or just grabing a good book to read while lounging on the porch swing (with a big glass of koolaide--grape flavor of course and some cookies too) Kick back and enjoy the rest of summer--for it is passing us by and we will blink ;) and fall will appear. We went back to school shopping with my mother-in-law the other day. Had loads of fun and shopped till we dropped. We hit the Salvation Army store (local thrift shop) and the girls and I were in pure heaven! We love this store--you never know what treasures we will find. Besides clothing I also found frames,(for the many pictures and art projects to be framed) flower pots, and some other odds and ends. Of course I have to take Kevin for jeans but maybe not till January--yes our son is one of those knuckleheads that wear shorts all year long--we pick our battles. Well enjoy the rest of summer and take time to listen to the sound of rain or take in the beauty of the flowers.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Beautiful Flowers!!!!! How did you make that collage??
Hugs (((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna...Blast from the past here...Loved your comment on your knuckleheaded son wearing shorts all year, cause I still do too!!Saw your pic on classmates.com and googled your name and bam through cyberspace you appear...hope all is well with you and your family.
I have 3 kids also...too funny.
Eric Korpics, ek2stix@hotmail.com

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online