Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lights, Camera, ACTION!

Lights, Camera, ACTION!-----NOT!! We had a fabulous vacation at the shore this week...and guess what I, Donna Waterman, forgot my camera!! Yeah I know...I felt so sick to my stomach. The first night we slept at the house, I awoke up at about 1:30am and said oh my I can't believe I forgot the camera!! The one thing to forget...I would of rather forgot my toothbrush! My darling husband looked at me and said "see what you get for rushing me" and rolled over and went back to sleep...I however could not go back to sleep for I was just sick to my stomach. We got up the next morning ate a huge breakfast--Craig cooks--oh how I love this man! and I announced to the children that I did not remember to bring the camera...there was golden silence for a moment--and then all three kids said at once "WHAT NO CAMERA THAT THING IS ATTACHED TO YOU HOW COULD YOU FORGET THAT" I was then the one that was speechless...for I never thought my kids even noticed me always taking pictures of them...I suppose that they are rather use to me behind the camera. Sooo... I called my friend's brother who lives down there all year round and he said sure I can borrow his point and shoot camera--(then he proceeded to be blown away about the fact that I forgot my camera...he said he could not believe it) however he could not find his camera (I at least knew where my camera was; it was just not with me at that moment and time)

So this is the first vacation that we took and have no pictures. Yes I am feeling that sick pit stomach thingy again--and no I am not pregnant! We had loads of fun and came back happy (and with no pictures) but fun it was. We of course hung at the beach by day until about suppertime...went back to the house to fire up the grill (did I mention that Craig cooks ;) )...one night we went to Seaside Heights boardwalk and ate the best funnel cake ever--was worth the $5.00--heck they could of charged me $10.00 and it still would of been worth it. The girls entered a 'Sand Castle Contest' and won!! Their prizes were glow in the dark bracelets. (Oh by the way I did not have my camera but 2 nice men took pictures of the girls standing with their castle and said that they would email me the pictures--I hope that they don't forget for I gave out our email to two complete strangers). Anyway the point is not me forgetting the camera right??? we had lots of fun and enjoyed family time of just hanging together and that is what counts...however the kids told me that if I ever forget the camera again--off with me head :(

Well it feels good to be home again even though I have a ton of laundry, Hannah starts her team gymnastics camp on Monday bright and early, Kevin starts his fall soccer practices this week and Sarah Jane is going to start field hockey this Sunday--I can begin to take pictures again. On a side note: I am reading my 293rd book...almost to book 352!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello again, I am the stranger who took the pictures of the girls at the beach during the sand castle contest. I run the Ocean Gate Municipal Alliance and we are there every Saturday nite doing something for the kids. We are all volunteers and enjoy doing things for the children and hopefully educating them on not using drugs and alcohol. Glad you got the photo's. come back soon. Bob of Ocean Gate

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online